Monday, November 29, 2004

Twiddling my thumbs

*whistle*...Well. Seems like most my friends out there in bloggerland are still away for the holiday/catching up from it. No post readings for me. Sigh. oh well. Here is that poem I wrote that I threatened to post.

Sweet Coffee in a Bitter Moment

I sit, wrapped,

rapt in my seclusion.

Chatter, drowning,

droning into my music.

A shield between the world

and me.

My booth,

My bubble.

Lean into its plastic

embrace.

Thump.

Squeak,

Nudge.

I am

not alone

Jostled

by the next booth.

Shaken, disturbed.

Unbroken

My bubble

My booth

still,

My seclusion.

ok so it may be corny, but I was studying one late night when the guy behind me smacked into the booth and forced me out of my self imposed seclusion. anywho. There is a pic goes with this, trying to figure out how to post it. :) Now if this works, there is the picture I doodled to go along with the poem. I know, I can't draw for crap, but give me a break. :) My blog. damnit anyhow. ~big grin~ Sweet! Looks like it made it through! yay!